Monday, August 20, 2007

So glad to be home...

It's been a whirl wind week around here! I have so many jumbling thoughts going on right now, so I'm goin' to hit the high (well probably low as well)points from this week.

*I being the klutz that I am, fell down the stairs the other night (3am), catching my arm on some hidden nail in the carpet. When asked why I didn't go get the stitches that were obviously needed, I told a little white lie... yes, I wanted to go back to sleep, but in all actuality I'm a sissy when it comes to pain (and I saw how painful it was when my hubby got stitches... and he's a big guy w/ a huge threshold for pain)

*'It's my birfday' has been seared into Mikey's noggin... now everyday is his 'birfday'. My little man turned 3!!! Where'd the time go?

*Remember my 'favorite' camper Yeah, it's still a POC, now maybe hubs will think of the blown tire at 12:30am and stop to listen when I say, 'let's just stay w/ my parents instead of paying to camp!'

*Depression is rearing it's ugly head again in our family... I just can't fathom having children and trying to take your life multiple times, just don't get it. I know it's an illness, but honestly I want to shake her and say, 'quit being selfish!'

*Did you know that dogs may actually eat gravel, then puke it up at various points in a car trip, and you'll be examing the puke to find out what in tarnations is going on?

*A special couple came to Mikey's birthday party at my mom's... my great aunt and uncle!! I was so excited to see them,it's been 4 years since I saw them at my wedding. Uncle H is turning 91 next month, looks not a day over 70, and still goes out and cuts and bales hay. His wife is a breast cancer survivor,was always my cheerleader growing up, and truly one of my greatest inspirations.

So there you have it. Exciting week huh??!

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Yeppers, I am more than happy to be coughing out a lung every morning at 3am, thinking how it could be worse, I could be camping!

Jessica said...

Why didn't you let me know you were going to be in the fabulous Bluegrass state? We could have met up and let the boys play! Be sure to let me know next time! I hope your arm is okay.