Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fish Kisses and Gorilla Hugs

Today was Mikey's first day w/ a new babysitter. Meaning, not family and w/ kids his similar age. It went pretty well, w/ only a few incidents of 'the lone child' selfish-ness, that let's face it, is completely normal. The thing of it is, I was pretty much OK with it :) Mrs. C is an awesome lady with tons of love that just seems to overflow out of her. One of our good friends has had her children w/ her since 3 and 7 months old, but *sniff* they have to part ways now due to kindergarten. Mikey's excited about going back tomarrow!!

Tonight, we made a family pilgramage to Wally-World to return a duplicate toy from the birthday bonanza. M picked out a really cute book to go w/ his new truck. It's too cute and has super shiny pages, but may have just added another 1/2 an hour or so to bedtime. I don't really mind though. I fondly recall my parents reading bed time stories to me each and every night, and I hope that M will remember these times as well. Story time and prayer time are such a special moment in our home.

:)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Jacob is going to be temporarily with a babysitter, other than family in a few weeks. It makes me nervous, but I am sure he will do great. The book looks cute, I'll keep it in mind for Jacob, he loves to read! Have a great weekend!