Sunday, August 5, 2007

What a Weekend

Shawn, Mikey and I headed out Friday to go camping in our $500 fixer-upper (which hasn't been fully fixed up yet) pop up camper for the annual E Family camp-out. Let's just say this weekend will be retold many times in the future w/ the prologue, "when we were young and poor...."

Yeah, we lost a 'leg' to the camper, got pulled over, got lost, got given the wrong directions and got even more lost... all by midnight Friday!! We back tracked and found the leg though :) Let's just say that about midnight, I had already uttered the words, 'pull over or find a hotel...'about 3 differant times. No hotels exist in the country of NW Ohio.

Yesterday, Mikey discovered the joy of peeing outdoors. No big issue though (as long as he doesn't fullfill my FIL's prophecy of this happening at church)- I was raised in the country, and I've answered natures call many of time in some discreet location (heck I pondered it today when we stop to fix that stupid 'leg' again). Honestly I'm just glad he's out of diapers :) About dark o thirty this am Mikey wakes me up saying he has to go potty. right. now. Did I mention it's pouring the rain? So, me being wise, took Mikey outside, stood under the canopy and told M that he could just go right there. There was no way that he would do it, so off we go in the rain, to the potties way down yonder.

Have I mentioned that it's raining by now? By morning we have found out exactly where all the camper is leaking. Yeah for a mostly dry bed though (one that we could contort our bodies around the wet spots)!

Maybe it'll be fixed before we go camping next time :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What fun! You are right, this will be a story to tell in years to come...and it will be a great one! :)

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, dear, that sounds about how I envision camping to go. And that is why I want nothing to do with it. And I have to go this month! Whaaa!
But, praise God, it is ONLY once this year!