Wednesday, August 8, 2007

WFMW:Portion Control and Ice Cream Goodness

My boy loves to snack. In all of his finnackyness though, he will not ever eat anything w/o a plate or bowl. Not even goldfish crackers. Yep. He has to have something. Of course I don't want to add to the dish load, and paper plates are too big (and there's no way I'm spending extra on the little paper plates that are more expense than the larger ones) so I've come up w/ the perfect solution. I use the little cupcake papers (ya know, the ones that you make cupcakes in) to hold his dry solid snacks. They also let me control his portion better, and he doesn't think that he's being short changed. Best of all they're really cheap! This really works for us.

******ALSO, my mom used them for a cook out they had recently to serve ice cream. The day of or before, she took and softened her ice cream and scooped some into the liners lined on a cookie sheet. She then set the sheet back into the freezer and she didn't have to mess w/ scooping the day of her event (ya know b/c it's either going to be rock solid or it's going to be a melty goopy mess if you do it when you're ready to eat.)She then took and prettied them up w/ drizzled chocolate and stuff. I know it doesn't sound like a lot of ice cream, but it was great w/ kids and those that wanted, 'just a little bit.'

For more great tips go visit Shannon!! Don't forget to join in!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the ice cream tip! Thanks!

Jessica said...

Dear Jake has the opposite concern as Mikey...he hates plates or bowls. He refuses to leave anything on a plate and loves to dumb everything. *sigh* Thanks for the tip though! :)

Anonymous said...

I just may have to try the ice cream in the little cups for a birthday party next week - so much cheaper than buying those individual serving little ice cream cups! thanks!

Unknown said...

Great idea!!

I still have little plastic plates and bowls I always use.
But I'll keep this in mind!

Thanks!