Wednesday, November 7, 2007

WFMW: The Backwards Edition!

Shannon has flip flopped how we normally do "Works for Me Wednesday", and is encouraging us to ASK a question rather than GIVE a helpful little nugget of 'wisdom'.

Today, while sitting in the ER w/ hubs, I was thinking about this and picked something that I think that I need to hear from others, and also can be quite fun for us as well.

I've been in a spiritual rut lately. Even though I'm busy w/ my childrens ministry, I have found myself not being ministered to, and have rather neglected my relationship w/ my Abba. So, what I'm asking from you ladies today, is how do you refresh yourself when you find yourself in this position, and what is your favorite Bible verse that you find yourself going back to over and over again?

4 comments:

Martie said...

Oh, Ang, I have been there! I so understand. We had a foster child we were hoping to adopt, and it did not work out, and I felt really low. Not depressed, but kind of spiritually flat. Recently I have been really uplifted. I don't know if my ideas will help, but I hope they do even just a little!

1. Turn on spiritual music and kind of lose yourself in it while you are doing housework, writing in your blog or whatever.

2. Get on your knees, tell God your goal, and ask him to help you to be successful.

3. Be thankful. Each day as you pray, say thank you for the things you have that you have not mentioned before. Also, keep a blessings journal and count your many blessings.

4. Teach your children. I have noticed that I am more uplifted after teaching my children than any other time. God loves us to teach his little ones.

5. Be easy on yourself. Sometimes we are so hard on ourselves that we think God must not want us to succeed. He does! I know this to be true.

6. Make a special time during the day when you can study your scriptures-- even if it's just when you're in the bathroom!

Hang in there, friend! You'll find a way!

My best,

Martie

A Dusty Frame said...

I've been struggling with this the past couple of weeks.

I just decided I have to DO it, I have to sit down and read and pray.

I also like the verse that says, "The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness." Wrap praises to God around you like a coat and wear it everywhere! Helps the spirit of heaviness to go away!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable photograph of Happy Boy! For me it is all about stopping and just being still so that I can hear the Holy Spirit. Even if I have to leave my home and sit alone in the garden under the stars to find the stillness, that is where I find comfort and peace.

Tamara said...

I understand. I have gone to www.biblegateway.com and for some reason, this has helped me a LOT! And I have started praying little tiny prayers during the day...I didn't know what else to do. I was not praying at all...I will be praying for you too!