Saturday, July 7, 2007

Today was a nice leisurely day spent swimming, napping, and then shopping. I had planned on getting Mikey's hair cut but lo and behold they were already shut.... so on a whim we decided to walk down to the pet store (Mikey picked out a parakeet that he wants), then to Michaels (I found a kit to make 30 foam banners for Sunday school on sale for $5, but it rang up for .01!!!), then I realized that I needed to run into Wal-Mart. I made near-record time going through the grocery section and headed up to check out(only 1 person in front of me!!!) Here's when I almost lost it gals! We're checking out and Mikey is doing his usual, "wantta ride the firetruck mom. I been good" pleading when the cashier looks at me and said, "What did he say? I couldn't understand that Jap-talian language he was speaking." WHAT THE CRAP. I politely told her that that was a very rude thing to say.... that he was speaking English (ya know the same language we speak every day). Now, I'm at a loss for what I should do. I spoke w/ a very unconcerned manager, but I am still angry. Should I contact corporate? We're very much American (Mikey likes to scrunch up his face and his eyes do narrow), so it wasn't a direct attact against our nationality, but I'm still really angered by this.

No comments: