Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's 463 degrees outside today

and I decided that today would be the ideal day to run out of gas less than a mile from my house. I still say though, that if it hadn't have taken 13 minutes in the Sonic drive thru then I would have made it home. My fruit/berry slushie and I had a nice time waiting for my dad to come pick us up (he stayed here for a couple of days while on layover.) So then I got to hear the 'I spent how much money to send you to college' speech. Yeah dad, I know common sense isn't always my strong suit :) BUt to my credit the car hasn't been driven in a couple of months, so it wasn't like I've avoided filling the gas tank, I just didn't pay attention.

That was bad, but then aparently I decided that sitting in the heat wasn't good enough, that I'd actually like to walk in the heat too.

My dad and I decided to drive my car, which broke down on me Thursday (but then started perfectly fine Fri morning and I've boycotted driving since)to go get Mikey from grandma's not even a mile away. It quit again. Seriously frustrated I huff it 3 blocks home to get the now gased up car, and lo and behold when I get back to my dad he had coaxed my car to start stubbornly. He drove it home in 2nd gear, whatever that means.


Oy vey!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear about your car trouble! I am nursing a partial flat tire which has been patched, but still leaking air...probably not safe, huh? Well, then they should give away free tires! That's all I have to say about that! :) Better luck today!

Qtpies7 said...

I don't know how I have not run out of gas yet, but I always forget to watch it! I despise gassing up the car so I always made sure that I just used enough gas to be able to pick my husband up from the airport when he would travel, and no more than that so I would pick him up with an almost empty tank, hehe. He thought it was pretty amazing that I could work it out so perfectly.