Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!

This has been a glorious weekend for me.

Yesterday, we celebrated the 80th birthday of Shawn's grandmother. It was a fun time, even though I felt strangly out of place amongst the crowd. I just didn't know very many people. By the time we left, everyone knew me as the 'mom of the cute kid in the dirt pile.' (They have just finished building a house, and why there was a 5 foot mound of dirt in the front yard peeking out from under plastic beat me, w/ a nice ring of dirt around it). I didn't sweat it too much, other kids took Mikey's lead, and boy did they have a good time... I don't think an expensive toy would've been that exciting. Shawn's uncle married a sweet girl from the Phillipines, and it was the first time I got to meet her. She was so much fun! Plus, she encouraged me to try some authentic food :) Yummy!! Plus, her friend had fried bananna's-it was really good, and I don't even like banannas!

Today, we actually got to be in 'adult church'---first time in MANY months!! (I love my kiddos, but I need spiritually fed too) They asked for all mothers to come up if you had a child under 3 years old for a special recognition. We go up w/ like 2 other families and are instructed to introduce our child and give their age. My turn came around, so I said "This is Mikey, and he'll be 3 in August" w/o missing a beat in the quietness of the moment, Mikey patted me on the head and said, "This is MY mommy!!!" and then he gave me one of his BIG kisses. Too cute folks, I was a puddle of tears :) Nothing could beat that moment for me.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: