Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yay!!! Titles are back :) Works for Me Wednesday!

Since potty training is going so very well for Mikey, I've recently found something new that works for me! Every night right before bed we do our bedtime routine of bath, prayers, and potty time. Even though Mikey is mostly night trained as well we still use a pull-up at night (aka 'night underwear'). I've found that when he wakes up dry in the am, when we take off the pull-up, we don't throw it away... we save it for another wearing that night (usually we'll use the same one for 2-3 nights). Hey, those suckers are too expensive to throw away perfectly clean ones!

***BONUS TIP*** I found out through another WFMW post early in the summer, that those swim diapers can actually be reused too if no pottying took place! (We still use those right now... just in case!)Just ring it out if need be, turn it inside out and lay it out to dry! This is great for us since our in-laws have a pool, and we swim quite a bit!

For even more (and better) ideas head over to see Shannon for other great WFMW tips

6 comments:

Kari said...

What a great idea as I just started potty training 2 my little girls!

Jessica said...

Great idea! I will keep this in mind for our potty training adventures in the near future! :)

Kelli said...

I like this idea. We are only 7 months old, but I will keep this one tucked away for a few months. :)

Christine said...

I didn't know that about the swim diapers! They are so expensive, and does anyone really know why??! I usually rip them right off my almost-2-year-old and throw them away...I think I will try airdrying next time!

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

oh I'm so glad i'm not the only one that does this! Love your coffee cup! I went and got one too...I got a rock, wrote imagine on it...cuz you need to imagine what it can be...it's not just a rock...kinda like life..kwim? I"m an art therapist and like to look at things differently. Thanks for sharing! Jodi

Jessica said...

Answer to the question about the Bloggy award button. I just right clicked on it and saved it to my computer and then added it to my post using the picture upload. If that doesn't help let me know! :)