Wednesday, June 6, 2007

WFMW: Mom I'm Bored Edition

Last summer my SIL informed me of a little secret(she's a mother of 5)....the local science center! Great for the days that either it's raining, the natives are wild and need a change, or humidity is at 300% (or mom needs an AC). Plus, you can go and not see everything, so everytime it's like something new. Not only by purchasing a membership to ours in Columbus, we can go to almost ANY science center anywhere because most facilities have reciprocal deals w/ other facilities(really good if you'll be travelling this summer, even if it is only to granmaws). Membership may be steep, but ask if they have any discounts(we got ours for $20 instead of $100). Really there's something for everyone from toddlers on up to adults. Hey it works for me!

2 comments:

Aisling said...

Oh yes, and with mine at 12 and 15, I can sit in the cafe with a can of fizzy pop (they only have vending machines), a bar of chocolate an a good book or my journal, and leave them to it!

Cherie Nelson said...

What a great idea! We have a nature center here that I've never been to, I'm sure the kids will LOVE it!